07 October 2008

Back in Action

I've made a lot of promises to my readers and I've broken all of them. I feel horrible about that so I'm starting anew.



I decided against watching the debates tonight. It's not that I don't care about it or that I am trying to be willfully ignorant. I'll read about it and ruminate at length on its implications. I'm just not interested in watching it. I know who I'm voting for. I know why I'm voting for him. Furthermore, I'm confident that my electoral vote is going to the man I'm going to vote for whether I do or not. If you know anything about Maryland, you'll know who I'm talking about, but, if not, his name rhymes with Barack Obama.



I've reached an election overload. My election reactor has reached critical mass. I'm going to do all I can in the next month to not think about the election without losing a grasp of what is going on in this country.

So that's why, from now until the election, I'm going to be avoiding everything political in this blog. I'm not saying that you should avoid reading anything political, but I do urge you to join me here and take a rest from all of the politics. Think of the next month as a sweet respite, shelter from the storm.


Now who's comin' with me?

2 comments:

limeymcfrog said...

It think that's a great idea, there will be lots of blogs dealing with politics. (impending plug warning) like my new blog The Daily Iconoclast!

I think our blogs shall make a gorgeous compliment to each other.

Anonymous said...

A lovely idea. I try to avoid watching TV in real time anymore because the campaign ads are so prevalent. Anyways ... good on ya.