25 September 2008

Emmy Amuse-bouche

Since there's a scheduled blogger outage soon and I know it will take me more than an hour to finish the Emmys blog, I'll have to do that one for Saturday.


I will give you a quick taste, though.

There were many surprises at the Emmys, some good and some bad. The nicest surprise for me, though, was the supporting actor for a drama award. I was sure that William Shatner would win for Boston Legal in part because he's supposed to be good in it and also because Emmy seems to simply adore him. I was hoping that my second pick would win, John Slattery, but I guess you can't win an award for looking amazing in a gray flannel suit. Tension was building as the two unmemorable stars announced the nominees. Then they opened the envelope and one of the presenters said the two most beautiful words known to mankind.

Zeljko Ivanek.

I was so happy because he did so well in Damages and he should be rewarded for bringing that character to life with such skill, depth and thoughtfulness. Part of that is the writing, as it usually is, but Ivanek really stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. So congratulations Mr. Ivanek. I hope this opens up many new doors to you and your zombie face. I mean that in the best way.

No comments: