20 April 2009

NCIS

Excerpt of a conversation I keep hearing:

"Yeah, NCIS is so good!  I love it because it's so innovative and different than every other show I've seen."





Full disclosure?
I think NCIS is a decent procedural that will be fondly remembered by its fans, who are rabid and legion, but by virtually nobody else.    It's not a bad show, but it's not great.  

So why do people think this show is so wonderful?

It's a rehash of the same characters as other shows, the same relationships and the same solutions to the same crimes.  My parents watch it, but they never claim that they're watching something ground-breaking or mind-blowing.


This isn't like the time I slagged off Monk without watching it.  I've seen NCIS many times and it's okay...so someone in the know, please tell me what the big deal is.

4 comments:

Dustin said...

It's a TV Show. On CBS. With Mark Harmon. I mean, Willard Scott has been in edgier programs!

KT said...

I don't really know what the big deal is, yet I love it anyway. The main characters work really well together. Some of them have interesting back stories. The nerds are cute. Ziva is a badass. It's just easy to watch.

(Did you notice that McGee is the ghost cat/kid from Hocus Pocus? My sister pointed it out and it blew my mind.)

Jim Eustice said...

It's funny you mention McGee, KT, because he's the boss's son-in-law. Talk about nepotism.

KT said...

Wait, what? McGee is your boss's son-in-law?

Also, I just want you to know that the word verification for this comment is "bosom."