15 June 2009

The Iran Situation

I don't have a strong affiliation to Iran: my aunt's first husband was Iranian, so I guess I could kind of claim the Iranian struggle for freedom as my own, but not really. Who am I kidding? I'm a white guy from suburban DC who hasn't known in his whole life the troubles that your typical Iranian person experiences in a day.

But I feel as though I understand the Iranian youth face and I have to tell you...election fraud ain't gonna help one bit.

If the Supreme Leader wasn't so supremely idiotic, he'd get to the bottom of the election quick because if he stands in the way of progress, no matter how small, he's going to get steamrolled.

I'm not the expert, though, so check out this commentary from Fawaz A. Gerges, who is much more knowledgeable (and rockin' that mad unibrow) on the subject.

No comments: